Anyone who hasn't finished yet is welcome to finish and I can add your slide too, anytime.
What skills did we use?
I would like you to think about your learning in terms of technology (T) and research/ language (R / L) skills. Which of these 9 tasks are T, R or L???
- After going to the internet, we explored and then selected an image from a Google Album.
- Then we downloaded the image to our folders using Windows Explorer.
- In Powerpoint, we inserted a New Slide (one with Title, Caption and Photo).
- We inserted the photo and typed the title.
- We 'googled' the animal, plant or bird using the Google Search tool
- We located a useful website that had some information about the subject. I asked for some information about where it is found (location and habitat), some of its habits, eg what it likes to eat and if it is common or rare.
- We read the information and wrote notes (some of us just pasted sentences directly into the slide, didn't we?)
- We typed the text and checked the spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Finally we changed the size of the text so that the text and photo filled the slide (formatted the text) and saved the presentation to our folder and to Jill's folder.
What was the source of the information you used?
We forgot to write the name and location of the source information on each slide. You can easily do this by copying the web address of the website and pasting it in to the slide. We will definitely do this next time: it's polite and important when doing research about a topic.
Well done, everyone. Once again, I really enjoyed viewing all your work together.