- What can you see? Describe the image.
- What is the context (location)?
- Does the art/ graffiti have any useful role or public benefit?
Write a Discussion text to persuade the readers to agree with your point of view.
Preparing to write a DiscussionCollect some photos of graffiti that you love (or hate) and share them with others in the class.
Ask your friends and family for their views on graffiti.
Find out the local Council's policy on graffiti - the Department of Housing's policy on graffiti.
Do these organisations (or other organisations) have any effective strategies to prevent graffiti or remove graffiti?
- Victorian government: Action on Graffiti policy
- Street art utopia- a blog with examples of interesting street art
- Do a Google Search: 'street art in Melbourne' images: do you recognise any of the images?
- 'Graffiti tags shadow the art above' - article from the Australian, 4 October 2012
- Tips from City of Yarra on preventing graffiti and graffiti removal
- Locations of Public art projects in City of Yarra where graffiti artists have produced legal street art.
- City of Melbourne program for young people: Do Art not Tags